Quote for the day:

Sometimes God calms the storm . . .
Sometimes he lets
the storm rage and
calms His child.

In memory of our Bubba J

In memory of our Bubba J
Jordan James "JJ" Allen

JJ collage

JJ collage

Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Quote to live by: No Empty Chairs

"No Empty Chairs"



President Ezra Taft Benson said "God intended the family to be eternal. With all my soul, I testify to the truth of that declaration. May he bless us to strengthen our homes and the lives of each family member so that in due time we can report to our Heavenly Father in His celestial home that we are all there--father, mother, sister, brother, all who hold each other dear. Each chair is filled. We are all back home."

As an LDS family (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - or Mormons) http://www.lds.org/ we believe in eternal life and in eternal families. Attaining this goal is the most important thing we have to live for; a goal that makes us strive to be better people and live better lives.

We lost our youngest son JJ at age 24 on February 9, 2010. He was a neat kid, made us laugh, made us cry and worry, made our eternal family begin to understand how important that eternal designation is. We have been hit up the side of the head with the reality of an empty chair at our family table. We know we will see and be with him again. We know he is happy. We know he is with us. We know he is progressing. That knowlege doesn't remove the hurt we still feel at losing him. We still hurt daily that he is not here to make us laugh or for us to hear his laugh. Paul and I find ourselves wanting to text him. I think of JJ all day. I see things and think "JJ would like that". I guess that we always will and that is OK. I wish I had a recording of his voicemail message, but thought about it too late. We miss his beautiful and genuine smile. I had to laugh when I got his travel case and it contained his deodorant, a toothbrush and 4 tubes of toothpaste. That's so JJ.

I am going through all those pictures that I really meant to organize, scan and categorize (I REFUSE to do the scrapbook thing, mainly because I would waste days on a single page and am not creative). JJ was a very quiet kid but apparently LOVED the camera. We have more pictures and videos of him than the other 5 kids. Sorry guys, but the electronics were better and more affordable for the last child. Posting them and sending a new one daily to my kids gives me comfort and good memories and will remind us of that goal we are all living for - to be together as a family forever.

Until we meet again, JJ, we love you.

2 comments:

  1. We love seeing new photos of jj so keep it up & keep up this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love & miss JJ every hour.
    Love your blog mom.

    ReplyDelete