Quote for the day:

Sometimes God calms the storm . . .
Sometimes he lets
the storm rage and
calms His child.

In memory of our Bubba J

In memory of our Bubba J
Jordan James "JJ" Allen

JJ collage

JJ collage

Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

22 Days

Today is 22 days since our youngest son, Jordan "JJ" Allen, died of liver failure caused by the effects of a Tylenol PM overdose. I will post more, today is too painful to do it. I prefer to start this blog experience with pictures of his life. He was such a darling little boy, a fun little brother who made monkey noises and had mastered the art of the "arm fart". He was good looking, all muscle, athletic and good at any sport he tried. He was a Utah All State golfer, on a team that took State 2 years in a row. He played on the golf team and the soccer team while at Dixie High School. We miss him terribly and the tears still flow. I can't go through his clothes yet or the pictures of his life; that seems too final. He was living away from home in Salt Lake City and his sister Jennie and brother Derek took the duty of retrieving his belongings from the home where he lived as a renter with his friend, Eric Smith. They cried, but brought his clothes home in a suitcase. It still sits in my bedroom, unopened.

One of our daughters who is divorced and raising 5 great kids on her own and going back to college, has agreed to move down from SLC and live with us for a few months. Until she finishes the details at the house she was in and arrives here, grandpa Allen and I are in charge and enjoying the kids. After being empty nesters, and loving it, life has changed for us in more ways than we could have ever imagined. I am happy to be busy and have these sweet kids here. We got them registered for school, but spring break is next week. sheesh. The older 2 girls can't really start until the middle of March. Timing is everything!

Life is good, we're taking it day by day. The pain hasn't dulled, my brain still doesn't work and I'm leaking tears. I am grateful for a wonderful son and memories that we will cherish always.

Until we meet again, JJ, I love you.

Mom

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, mom. I miss JJ too but I know that he loves us.
    I love you mom.
    I love you JJ & think about you all day.

    ReplyDelete