Quote for the day:

Sometimes God calms the storm . . .
Sometimes he lets
the storm rage and
calms His child.

In memory of our Bubba J

In memory of our Bubba J
Jordan James "JJ" Allen

JJ collage

JJ collage

Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

IT WILL BE WRITTEN IN STONE - REALLY

It was a gorgeous day in Dixie. The car said 80, the sun is shining and the trees and flowers are blooming. We live here for the weather, the scenery and the people. We just wish OUR people lived here with us but understand we all end up where we do for work and school.

Things are going well with the grandkids here. The 3 at the elementary school like to ride their bikes since it is so close and they don't have to cross any busy streets to get there. Allie catches a bus at 7:10 just a few houses away and I take Aspen until we can find her a ride to and from the middle school, but I don't mind. It is like I am back in my element. I was quite lost when JJ didn't need me to take him or pick him up anymore because it had been my routine with kids for so many years. I think life fills in the blanks when you don't know what to put in them.

Our neighborhood has some trees at our neighborhood park to remember the boys we have lost. I am not sure how many have been planted, but I called the City to find out about doing it for JJ. They are going to do it Monday morning at 11:00 and called me today to let me know so that we could be there to watch. It means a lot to me to have this memorial tree for JJ at our park and love that my friends at the City want to help. I do miss that bunch of truly awesome people.

We have finished the design of JJ's headstone and I have sent it to the family for approval. We are excited to see it go in in about 6 weeks. It is a reddish stone, like the hills around here, and will have writing on both sides. We think JJ would like it. He better, because once we put in the order and they begin work, there won't be changes because as they say, it'll be "WRITTEN IN STONE!".

2 comments:

  1. Suzanne, your post is lovely. You write beautifully. I hope you and Paul are doing well. xo Love, Haleigh Burgon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you mom & dad. The stone will be perfect.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete